Congratulations on your new Kitten!
We are here to help you and your new kitten get off to a healthy start . Please bring your new kitten in as soon as possible after you bring him/her home. Your investment in good basic care will reward you with the companionship and affection of a healthy cat for many years to come.
To keep your kitten helathy for a lifetime and prevent disease, you’ll need to start with vaccinations at age 8, 12 and 16 weeks. We also strongly recommend an annual wellness visit so that your cat’s health and vaccination schedule can be maintained. A yearly vaccine schedule as an adult will give your cat a good degree of protection against feline leukemia, respiratory diseases, flu type viruses, feline panleukopenia and feline rabies.
What you can expect on your first visit:
- Complete and individualized physical exam
- Ear mite check
- Fecal examination for intestinal parasites and appropriate deworming
- Necessary vaccine boosters and discussion of vaccine schedule
- Testing for Feline Leukemia Virus and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus
- Flea/tick preventative
- Heartworm preventative
- Nutritional counseling and a sample of our recommended kitten diet
What to bring with you:
- A completed new client form
- Your kitten in a pet carrier
- Any previous medical history or paperwork
- A fresh fecal sample
- FVRCP – prevents Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus infection, Chlamydia and Panleukopenia. Administered every 3-4 weeks until 16 weeks of age.
- Rabies vaccine will be administered at 14 weeks of age or older.
- Additional vaccines such as Feline Leukemia Virus (FeLV) will be discussed with you and given based on your kitten’s lifestyle and risk.